Are you unsure about how frequently you should maintain your website?
The simple answer is that the more frequent you can backup and update your website the better. However, I know that you don’t have unlimited time and that your business has other priorities, which is the first argument for outsourcing your website maintenance.
Not everyone has the resources in terms of time, staff or budget to achieve the holy grail that is daily site care. With that in mind there are some simple questions that you can ask yourself about your business to help you work out how frequently your site could do with some housekeeping.
Questions you should be asking yourself
- Does your website generate your income?
- Can you afford to lose income if your website stops working?
- Is the income generated by your site significant?
- Will your business suffer damage to its reputation/brand if the website stops working or is hacked or deleted?
- How significant is the potential damage to your brand if your website stops working?
Asking yourself these 5 simple questions will lead you to a suggested website maintenance frequency when you look at the infographic below.
What is the next step?
Once you know how frequently you should be maintaining your website then you can either set reminders in your diary, delegate the task to staff or find and employ the services of a website consultant or freelancer that specialises in ongoing website maintenance.
I offer 30 day rolling website maintenance plans which you can cancel at any time. If you would like to discuss keeping your website safe and up to date, then please give me a call on 01903 527927.