Content management systems make managing our websites and their content much easier. These content management systems are continuously updated to add new features, make them faster, remove bugs and improve security when vulnerabilites are found.
By keeping your wordpress installation and its plugins updated you remove known vulnerabilities which make it harder for people to hack, steal data from, damage, deface or even delete your website.
The graph to the right here (or below on mobile) shows how the majority of hacked WordPress sites were hacked via plugins, core updates and theme updates. I research, test and update plugins for our clients before installing them which reduces risk. With your consent I will also install additional tools such as firewalls to help block malicious traffic to your website, further reducing the chance of attack.
I ensure that you have secure backups of your website to allow it to be restored if the worst happens. Additionally, I ensure your site continues to function smoothly and quickly which will contribute to its ranking in search engines.
Paul has helped me out time and time again with issues on web and I have our sites backed up with him now, great service thanks Paul. Would recommend to all.
What do our website maintenance packages include?
When you have a subscription with us for website management I provide you with the following:
- Site failure/downtime monitoring. I monitor your site for downtime and gaps in availability. When these happen I am well placed to quickly respond.
- In-site support forms. Embedded support forms in your website dashboard (if using a CMS) which allow you to contact us with a support request directly from your website.
- Off site backups. Tailored to your requirements I can create a backup schedule which sends backups to a secure remote location so you don’t use up all your hosting space with backup files.
- Security & plugin/module updates. On an agreed schedule I apply any security updates to your website, keeping it secure against attack.
- Content management system updates. The majority of all commonly used content management systems like WordPress or Drupal issue security and feature updates. I install these for you at an agreed frequency based upon the profile of your website.
- Update testing. Unfortunately there is the chance for plugin and theme updates to contain bugs. I can’t stop this happening but what I can do is ensure all your updates are tested on a copy of your website prior to making changes to your live site.
- Database optimisation. Ongoing use of your website fills up your database with information which isn’t needed any more. The bigger this database gets the slower your website becomes. I will clean your database at regular intervals to keep it nimble.
- Repair of broken links. I scan your website for you to identify broken links. Search engines hate broken links and site visitors get frustrated and confused. Then I scan for broken links for you and fix them at regular intervals.
If you think you would benefit from an ongoing website care plan that you can cancel at any time please call me on 01903 527927 and I will discuss your website with you and propose a management solution tailored to your needs. Alternatively please fill in our project planner and I will get right back to you.